Terms of service
By using the StoriesOnBoard.com web site (“Service”), a service of DevMads Ltd., You are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
In the application of this Terms of Service, "You" refers to any individual who creates an account on the Service. If the Service is being used on behalf of an entity by an individual authorized to agree to such terms on behalf of such entity, then "You" refers to such entity. If You are accessing the Service on behalf of Your employer, you represent and warrant that You have the authority to agree to these Terms of Service on its behalf.
For Lifetime Deals please also see StoriesOnBoard Lifetime Deal Supplementary Terms.
Using the Service
1. Prior to its commercial use, DevMads Ltd may provide you with access to its Service as a Trial period, at no charge. The Trial period lasts for 14 days and may be renewed upon Your request. Multiple notifications will be sent to You prior to the expiry of the Trial period. In order to start the commercial use of the Service, a subscription option will need to be chosen by You, and the required invoicing and payment information will need to be provided.
2. You must not use the Service in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Service or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Service. Content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
3. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any DevMads Ltd. customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
4. You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
5. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
6. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by DevMads Ltd.
7. You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or DevMads Ltd.
8. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
1. Accounts registered by automated methods are not permitted.
2. You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
3. You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Service; and by using the Service, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
4. Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
5. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. You shall use reasonable endeavors, including reasonable security measures relating to Account access details to ensure that no unauthorized person may gain access to the Service using Your Account. You shall immediately notify DevMads Ltd. of any unauthorized disclosure. DevMads Ltd. cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
6. You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account), including all content posted and activity by any person who gains access to the Service even if such access or use was not authorized by you.
7. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
8. Violation of any of the terms will result in the termination of your Account.
9. DevMads Ltd. has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account.
1. When the Service is being used on behalf of an entity, multiple accounts may be created on Your behalf. In such a case, Contents may be accessed and amended by such multiple users created by Your appointed subscription administrator on Your behalf.
2. When multiple accounts are created, the initial Account created will be considered to be used by Your appointed subscription administrator (“Subscription Administrator”). The Subscription Administrator may create additional Accounts for users who may access Your Contents (“Authorized Users”). One Authorized User may be granted access to multiple subscriptions (workspaces) by the relevant Subscription Administrators.
3. You shall be responsible for the continuous updating of the Accounts, especially the suspension or deletion of Accounts belonging to users who are no longer entitled to proceed on Your behalf, and the creation of additional Accounts as may become necessary.
General terms of operation
1. You understand that DevMads Ltd. uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
2. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
3. If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by DevMads Ltd.) of other storiesonboard.com customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
4. DevMads Ltd. may perform regularly scheduled maintenance in the timeframes set out by DevMads Ltd. at its own discretion. DevMads Ltd. will notify You in due time in advance. Other scheduled and non-scheduled down times or technical problems may occur. Such maintenances, down times and technical problems may lead to the temporary inaccessibility of the Service, which may not constitute breach of this agreement.
Content uploaded to or generated while using the service
1. We claim no intellectual property rights over the data, works and materials uploaded to or stored by you under the Service or generated by the Service as a result of the use of the Service by You (hereinafter: Content) to the Service. Your profile and Contents remain yours. However, by sharing your Content, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content as necessitated by the nature and technical characteristics of the Service. Your content will only be accessible to those whom you give explicit permissions to. Except when a story map is shared publicly by You, in which case it will be accessible by anyone without explicit permissions.
2. We will not disclose or use Content except to operate, maintain, and perform the Service, or to comply with laws.
3. You understand and agree that DevMads Ltd. cannot be responsible for any content posted on the Service by You or any user of the Service. DevMads Ltd. does not pre-screen Content, but DevMads Ltd. and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
4. In the course of using the Service, You may upload personal data to the Service. In connection with such use of the Service, you will (i) obtain all legally required consents before making any personal data available in the Service, and maintain those consents until such data are deleted and (ii) delete all personal data provided that the necessary consents expire or are withdrawn. You will not use the Service in conjunction with personal data to the extent that doing so would violate applicable data protection laws.
5. In the course of using the Service, You may upload data to the Service which may be of a confidential nature or copyrighted material, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and other proprietary information which may belong to your or a third party’s intellectual property. You will retain all intellectual property and other rights thereto. However, you hereby agree that DevMads Ltd. shall have an unlimited, royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual license to use, copy, distribute, practice and make derivatives works of, under any intellectual property rights you may have, to the extent necessary for the operation of the Service and the exercising of our rights under this agreement. By providing Content to DevMads Ltd., you represent and warrant that you have the right to provide such Content to DevMads Ltd. and such Content does not infringe, misappropriate, violate or contravene any laws, regulations or third party rights (including, without limitation, any rights in Intellectual Property).
6. Within 180 days following termination of Your Account or expiry of the agreement to use the Service, DevMads Ltd. will destroy all data available within the Service. Such deletion will also be performed if any of Your authorized users initiates such a deletion process within the Service. You will be responsible to make a copy of all such data before such deletion.
1. Use of the service is subject to the payment of fees published on the website on the Service.
2. You agree and acknowledge that DevMads Ltd. will issue electronic invoices on the fees of the Service in accordance with relevant Hungarian regulations. You will need to ensure due storage and archiving of such electronic invoices, as required by applicable law. Taking into account the global nature of the internet, DevMads Ltd. cannot guarantee that the invoice issued is compliant with the accounting regulations of Your county as well. You will need to notify DevMads Ltd. prior to using the Service if an electronic invoice is not acceptable due to the regulations effective in Your country, or if any other special requirements apply thereto.
3. DevMads Ltd. may suspend the provision of the Service if any amount due to be paid by You under this agreement is at least 10 days overdue, with the concurrent email notification to Your Subscription Administrator. Multiple reminders will be similarly sent to You. If the overdue payments are not made within 3 months, the relevant subscription (workspace) may be deleted and all Contents may be deleted.
Modification to the service and fees
1. DevMads Ltd. has the right to change the pricing of the Service at any time.
2. DevMads Ltd. reserves the right to make any amendments, corrections on the website or the Service at any time and in any manner, without a prior warning. DevMads Ltd. also reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. Furthermore, DevMads Ltd. reserves the right to relocate the website to under another domain name. This Terms of Service will apply to all such modifications without the need for any specific notice.
3. DevMads Ltd. shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
1. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
2. DevMads Ltd. implements and maintains practices and procedures, which may be revised periodically, regarding the systems used to host and operate the Service. These practices and procedures are designed to reduce the vulnerability of the relevant IT systems to accidental loss, unlawful intrusions, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration or wrongful conduct that may interfere with, misappropriate, or otherwise damage the Content within the Service. Within such procedures, DevMads Ltd. will also make reasonable attempts to backup all Your data. A description of the practices and procedures is available to You upon request. However, DevMads Ltd. cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat such measures to access Content for improper purposes. You are responsible for determining whether these practices and procedures are appropriate to meet Your requirements. By using the Service, You acknowledge that there are risks inherent in Internet connectivity that could result in the loss of Customer’s privacy, confidential information and property, and your acceptance of such practices and procedures and their adequacy for Your purposes.
3. You expressly understand and agree that DevMads Ltd. shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if DevMads Ltd. has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
4. DevMads Ltd. does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
5. Nothing in this Terms of Service will: (a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude any liability for crime; (c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
6. In the event of a breach of this Terms of Service or violation of applicable law by You or any user You will be liable for, DevMads Ltd. may terminate Your access to the Service immediately, or remove the offending Content. DevMads Ltd. may not be held responsible for any such termination or removal.
Copyright and content
1. You acknowledge that the Service is owned by DevMads Ltd, who retains all right, title and interest therein, and is protected by Hungarian and international copyright laws. You do not acquire any intellectual property or other proprietary rights under this Agreement relating to the site, the Service, or any part thereof. Your only rights to the Service and any part thereof shall be those rights expressly licensed or granted to you under this Agreement.
2. Nothing herein grants you any right to use any of DevMads's trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and/or other distinctive brand features. Any rights not expressly granted under this Agreement are reserved.
Term and termination
1. This agreement will remain in full force and effect while DevMads Ltd. offers the Services and/or you are a customer using the Services.
2. Without limiting the right of a party to terminate this Agreement, a party may terminate this Agreement for convenience upon prior written notice to the other party.
3. Without limiting the right of a party to immediately terminate this Agreement for cause as provided for in this Agreement, if either party materially breaches any of its duties or obligations hereunder and such breach is not cured, or the breaching party is not diligently pursuing a cure to the non-breaching party’s sole satisfaction, within thirty (30) calendar days after written notice of the breach, the non-breaching party may terminate this Agreement for cause as of a date specified in such notice.
Refund policy, cancelling accounts
You can easily cancel your subscription at any time. There are no cancellation fees, though no refunds are provided for prorated periods.
1. This Agreement and the Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Hungarian laws. Any disputes arising in connection with the Agreement or the Service shall be settled primarily without litigation, by means of negotiations. For the case of failure of such settlement, depending on the competence, You agree and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Buda Environs District Court or the Budapest Environs Regional Court in Hungary.
2. The failure of DevMads Ltd. to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and DevMads Ltd. and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and DevMads Ltd. (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any DevMads Ltd. customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
3. Due to the global character of the Internet, You undertake to proceed in compliance with the provisions of all applicable national measures in the course of using the website. If any activity related to using the Service is not permitted according to the laws of Your country, You shall exclusively bear responsibility for such usage.